Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Surprises


There have been many things this week that have come as surprises.  This week started on Friday when the team from Nashville left. Maggie and Alex head to Acapulco for the week. Depressed and sadden we headed into GTO. Surprise number one was food poisoning my body experienced Friday morning. Along with food poisoning, there was some serious sleep depravation, seeing how I went to bed at 3:30 am and then woke up at 5 am to say good-bye to Emily and Sam, then went back to bed before getting sick around 6:30 and then again at 8. To say the least it was an interesting day. After doing some things in GTO I was exhausted and felt terrible. Mary Frances, Kaitlin and I headed back to camp where I fell into bed at 6 pm praying I would not wake up in the middle of the night sick. Thankfully I was woken up the next morning at 8:30 am having not woken up once through the night! God is good. We had a meeting with David where told us that we would not be alone this week. A family from Atlanta was coming through the Mexico and is looking at doing long-term missions in GTO, so we gladly opened the doors of the camp. Anyone who is willing to commit to being in the city long-term is more then welcome. After cleaning up camp somewhat we headed to Léon for English club. At the mall Monica got her ears pieced while Tori got her nose pieced (and yes I obeyed parents. Nothing is pieced). While trying to get to the church we got onto the wrong bus and ended up getting to the church 30 mins late. Thankfully this church is forgiving and gracious, they had not left yet! After we had church on Sunday we invited our friends from Léon over an afternoon at the camp, to play games and continues the relationships we are building. We thought maybe 20 would come. Kaitlin counted and there were 34! And they brought food! ¡Pollo Feliz! (Happy chicken!) Sooooo good! We had a great afternoon. By the end of Sunday I had slept 27 hours in a span of 48. Talk about self-depraved. Monday we went to celebrate Fourth of July in San Miguel…a very American city. It was a good day. Great bonding and shopping with my friends. This week we start back with our ESL classes with the village kids. This has been a great week full of new adventures. Not having a team reminds me how grateful I am for the 5 other interns I am serving with. We have so much fun together. We can go from goofing off in the kitchen to talking about our faith. I am blessed to call these girls my friends. God is truly working in each of our hearts to kit us closer together while drawing us to him.

Prayer Request:
-Family that is considering missions in Mexico (hopefully GTO)
-Rest and health for the interns
-Relationships being built for the kingdom
-Doors open for conversations about the gospel. 

1 comment:

  1. I am jealously loving reading about your adventures and praying that God gives you opportunities to share about His love, that He strengthens your relationships with your teammates, and that He does bring more and more families to live long-term in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete